Friday, November 03, 2006

Jury Duty Pt. 2


Yesterday as i walk out of the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center to take pictures around downtown for my lunch break i hear a strange noise and people start screaming. I run over to where this is happening an without knowing a thing start snapping pictures. I see a person laying on the floor face down not moving, it was 12:10pm and about 5 sheriffs were running around diverting people and traffic. everyone around is in a state of panic. it took over 4 minutes for them to cover the body up, but everyone felt the person was dead long before .

I had about 10 minutes to take pictures before i was threatened to be arrested if i didn't leave. I got about a block away and found out that someone had jumped out of the building i was in. When we got back from lunch the judge informed us that it was a woman that jumped off the 19th floor roof.

I got home and started looking into this and found absolutely nothing, even though this was on the corner of Spring and Temple at 12 o'clock. LA Times online had a tiny snippet in the morning and Met News wrote this article. I want to know whether she was a juror like me, or if she had lost a case, what if her husband just got life in jail. Do i have the right to know since i saw her laying there? Fuck jury duty. Next time I'm just not showing up.
Courthouse Suicide Courthouse Suicide Courthouse Suicide Courthouse Suicide

No comments: